Remember the word "travel" if you desire deeper and broader relationships in your life with others.
- T is for TRUST
- Trust is the glue that holds people together (not Super Glue). A relationship will go nowhere without it.
- R is for RESPECT
- "Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead," writes Anna Cummins. It's about respecting others and letting them know that you value them.
- A is for AFFECTION
- Sometimes affection means love. Sometimes it means a touch. Always it means kindness.
- V is for VULNERABILITY
- Though we may feel afraid to let another too close, no relationship will go anywhere without risking vulnerability. Entrepreneur Jim Rohn says, "The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy." And the love.
- E is for EMOTIONAL INTIMACY
- Learn to be open. Learn to communicate freely. What kinds of relationships you make are largely determined by how openly you have learned to communicate.
- L is for LAUGHTER
- Victor Borge got it right when he said, "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." It's also the most enjoyable.
Photo credit: KaLisa Veer/unsplash