You don’t actually have to take the quiz. Just read straight through, and you’ll get the point.
Take this quiz:
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the top five news stories five years ago.
- Name ten presidents or leaders of the biggest countries in the world.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor or actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
- Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you. Easier?
MORAL: Not the people you know, but the people who know you that give you precious memories.